Naked Truths About Our Food
Just some examples of how we ensure we’re doing the right thing for hearts, waists, taste buds and the planet.
- Taste: Our commitment(s): Most of our salads are “naked” with dressing on the side, there’s no additional salt in our “Grab and Go” range, we use low-fat mayonnaise and our spreads are always free of trans fats and dairy, we use semi-skimmed, fresh milk and there’s always an abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables for those who want to get their 5-a-day.
- Training: Our commitment(s): Our catering teams are trained to source by Rob Kurz our Foodologist®, on how to make the best use of produce, fair trade and environmentally friendly food items and packaging, which are used as standard. Our team players are also expected to turn equipment on and off when required rather than by habit, our way of a small step for the planet!
- Fresh: Our chef inspired nutritionally lead kitchens only use the freshest of ingredients, using experience to create an innovative, creative, bespoke catering experience.
- Oils: Our commitment(s): We use rapeseed oil so trans fats are removed and used cooking oil is collected and converted into bio-diesel – some suppliers even fuel their deliveries with it!
- Waste reduction: Our commitment(s): Our nominated suppliers for fruit and vegetables and raw meat supply the product in recyclable plastic trays. This greatly reduces the cardboard and other packaging which comes into sites. We ensure that all vegetable peelings or wastage is utilised in soups and stocks (rather than thrown away).
- Disposables: Our commitment(s): Napkins are pure paper pulp sourced from legal sustainable sources as FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification) SFI (Sustainable Forestry Initiative Programme).
- Printed materials: Our commitment(s): We limit the use of printed materials through the application of digital marketing displays, eshots and mobile marketing to promote catering services and special offers.